Chicken Bruschetta, Breakfast Cassarole, and home-made mayo.

CyndiChick

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Florida
Chicken Bruschetta

3 medium chicken breasts, cubed
2 to 3 cups shredded cheese (I use parmesan and mozarella mix)
1 package stuffing crumbs
1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz)

Place cubed chicken breasts in bottom of your cassarole pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top with half the cheese. Mix the stuffing and can of diced tomatoes til stuffing is moistened and spread on top of cubed chicken. Cook at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes, then top with the rest of the cheese and cook til melted. Quick and easy, and oh so yummy!

Breakfast Cassarole

1 Dozen eggs
1 package of sausage (mild or hot, whichever you prefer)
Bacon
*bread (optional as it makes the cassarole a bit heavier)

Cook the bacon and crumble into bits. Cook the sausage. Whisk eggs with a small amount of milk, salt, and pepper. (*If using bread, place in bottom of pan prior to putting in the sausage.) Place sausage in bottom of cassarole dish, sprinkle bacon around, top with the egg mixture. Cook at 400 degrees til the center of the cassarole looks done (IE- the eggs in the center are light and fluffy, not wet and runny) about 25 minutes.

Homemade Mayonnaise

4 egg yolks
4 tbsp lemon juice OR vinegar
4 tbsp cold water
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
2 cups olive or vegetable oil
*Optional flavorings: roasted garlic (roast and mash before mixing in with saucepan mixture), basil and rosemary (crumble and mix in with saucepan mixture prior to cooking)

Whisk egg yolks, lemon juice or vinegar, water, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper (and any optional flavorings you might chose to use) in small sauce pan til well blended.
Cook over very low heat stirring constantly, til bubbling in 1 or 2 places. Remove from heat immediately. Let sit 2 minutes.
Pour mixture into blender, cover. With blender on highest speed, slowly add oil in a thin stream. Blend until thick and smooth. Occasionally turn blender off and scrape down sides/stir with rubber spatula. Refrigerate in a covered container.

LOL Thats actually why I started making the mayo. I hate wasting food and especially with two kiddos reminding me I tell them not to waste food... I didn't want to throw away yolks. I mix up a batch or two as needed and have even gifted it when I've had something that calls for a lot of whites.

We have kept it for up to a month in the fridge. We go through it fairly fast because I make home-made salad dressings too, so it doesn't stay around too long.

Back
Top Bottom