Chicken Bully

put both back in on a morning you can sit and watch them to see who is being a brat once you find out hold that one down chest to the ground while the others walk around while you hold her down it will show her you are the boss and she will stop out of fear of being reprimanded
ok thank you very much I will try tomorrow

I separated out my flock bully and put her in the Dunce Coop for 4 days, then put her back with the flock. That was about a month ago and she is still behaving well, she's back at the top but isn't near as aggressive or disruptive as she had been. She used to literally run back and forth at the fence when she saw me coming, trampling and pecking anyone near her and causing a ruckus. Even free ranging she'd go after the Golden Comets who weren't raised with her, she was the head of her gang of Australorps so all three would end up badgering the GC's. It's pretty peaceful now!

I made her isolation cage out of a tote with a door and air holes and a little dog fence we had. The roof was my husband's suggestion to "make it authentic redneck" 😆

Attachments

• 20200816_180214.jpg
    20200816_180214.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 3
Being raised together has almost no influence on how chickens get along. Space is probably the most important issue. Often times what was more than enough space for chicks, is not enough space for full grown birds.

And how that space is used is also important. Are there roosts in the run? Platforms, hideouts? You want to add more clutter, which will let the birds use the third dimension, height. Things in the run that let birds get underneath or on top of actually gives them more usable space, and lets them get out of sight of each other.

Mrs K

did you make sure that all the chickens were inside of each other while the other one was healing? That might be the problem

Back
Top Bottom