Chicken butt bleeding update

Sbuttress

Chirping
May 8, 2020
Sydney Australia
I posted 6 months ago my chicken was attacked by another chicken and her but lost alot of feathers she developed vent gleet and needed antibiotics. Update she still has poo on her new growth feathers. And the feathers around her butt have never quite come back. She still bleeds around where it looks like she's trying to preen in the new feathers but I spray her with vetericyn spray all the time and it just doesn't seem to help so I've given up. She still bleeds around her feathers near her vent but I don't know what to do

Attachments

• 16093986871083580290665241459089.jpg
    16093986871083580290665241459089.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 6
You'll have to keep her feathers trimmed back. I had a hen who was like this and every night I sprayed athlete foot fungal spray on her vent. She seemed to enjoy this treatment and always sat quietly while I treated her. This controlled the problem. When the hen stopped laying she healed completely. You can also feed her Bene-bac
to help restore normal bacteria to her gut. Also a fecal sample to the vet will help determine if she has parasites.
1609412180783.png

You'll have to keep her feathers trimmed back. I had a hen who was like this and every night I sprayed athlete foot fungal spray on her vent. She seemed to enjoy this treatment and always sat quietly while I treated her. This controlled the problem. When the hen stopped laying she healed completely. You can also feed her Bene-bac
to help restore normal bacteria to her gut. Also a fecal sample to the vet will help determine if she has parasites.
View attachment 2469658
Hi thankyou for your advice. I had trimmed her feathers but then poo was getting stuck to her butt now her new feathers are in but she's still getting some stuck although poo is normal

Back
Top Bottom