Chicken calculators and my simple mind

Haileebird

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2020
Hey guys

I'm fairly new to fowl in general and I've spent the last 2 hours trying to make sense of multiple genetics calculators - I simply don't understand them. I don't understand the coding or even how to input my birds to find out what I'm looking for.

If someone could explain to me in laymen's terms what I'm going to end up with I would be eternally grateful.

I have a silver laced polish pair and I'm looking to add 2 more hens. The only hens I can find are buff and white crested blue.

Does this mean my chicks will be silver laced and black?

Silver laced (ERERCoCoDbDbMlMlPgPgSS)x silver laced = silver laced
Silver lacedxbuff laced (ERERCoCoDbDbMlMlPgPgssII)= white laced golden cockerels with potential black leakage (ERERCoCoDbDbMlMlPgPgSsIi) white (white laced silver) pullets with potential black leakage (ERERCoCoDbDbMlMlPgPgS-Ii)
Silver lacedxwhite crested blue (EEm^wcm^wcBlbl)= black with golden lacing on breast cockerels (EErCocoDbdbMlmlMm^wc Ss) black with silver lacing on breast pullets (EErCocoDbdbMlmlMm^wc S-) Blue with golden lacing on breast cockerels (EErCocoDbdbMlmlMm^wc Ss Blbl)
Blue with silver lacing on breast pullets(EErCocoDbdbMlmlMm^wc S-Blbl)
Plug these genotypes into the calculator to get those phenotypes.

Hey guys

I'm fairly new to fowl in general and I've spent the last 2 hours trying to make sense of multiple genetics calculators - I simply don't understand them. I don't understand the coding or even how to input my birds to find out what I'm looking for.

If someone could explain to me in laymen's terms what I'm going to end up with I would be eternally grateful.

I have a silver laced polish pair and I'm looking to add 2 more hens. The only hens I can find are buff and white crested blue.

Does this mean my chicks will be silver laced and black?

I assume you’ve been using kippenjungle Chicken Color Calculator, which can be very confusing if you aren’t sure what you are looking at! However, Kippenjungle does have a link you can click called something like: “Help, pick color from list”. Click it and you will be redirected to a page still within Kippenjungle where you can just enter the colors of the parents. No more worrying about genotypes! Once you select the colors, click on “To Chicken Calculator”, and then click on “Calculate Crossing” to see the possibilities!

Here’s a link to it!
https://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

I assume you’ve been using kippenjungle Chicken Color Calculator, which can be very confusing if you aren’t sure what you are looking at! However, Kippenjungle does have a link you can click called something like: “Help, pick color from list”. Click it and you will be redirected to a page still within Kippenjungle where you can just enter the colors of the parents. No more worrying about genotypes! Once you select the colors, click on “To Chicken Calculator”, and then click on “Calculate Crossing” to see the possibilities!

Here’s a link to it!
https://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom