Chicken camera

Heather67

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Merit, Texas
What could I get that I could use in my coop and around my property to watch the chickens that would work with an iPhone? I’d like to be able to monitor things.

I’m sure others will chime in but I have a Wyze camera that I have been really happy with. You do need a power source put at the coop and WiFi. I have heard others that use a Ring camera. That one can be battery powered. The Wyze camera was under $30. Good luck with whichever you choose. There have been lots of threads on this topic also if you are looking for more information.

I use Wyze cameras also. Did not want to spend big bucks on a battery operated camera if I did not have a strong enough Wifi signal to the places I wanted cameras. Liked the Wyze cameras so much that I bought more of those. Have power to everywhere I wanted to put the cameras. Bought the little housings to use them outdoors. They are only recommended for indoor use but lots of people use them outside with protection. Lots of videos on youtube talking about Wyze and they also have a Facebook group.

Adding that they would make great holiday gifts. You can buy the cameras from Wyze, Amazon, or Home Depot. I bought the cameras for my sons and the neighbor.

Last edited:
I’m sure others will chime in but I have a Wyze camera that I have been really happy with. You do need a power source put at the coop and WiFi. I have heard others that use a Ring camera. That one can be battery powered. The Wyze camera was under $30. Good luck with whichever you choose. There have been lots of threads on this topic also if you are looking for more information.
Ok this may be a dumb question but i honestly don't know. We are rural so our WIFI probably won't reach to the barn. If I connect through power, can i still watch the barn on my phone? Or do i need wifi....

I’m pretty rural also. My camera is connected to power with an extension cord but you still need WiFi to be able to access the camera (and watch it on the app you download on your phone). I am not real tech savvy but here goes...I don’t need WiFi to watch the camera on my phone just the LTE or wifi or somehow connected to an internet source. Now my connection isn’t always the greatest either. Sometimes I have to try a couple of times to get my app to connect to the camera but usually it does and I am happy with what I can see. I don’t however sit and just watch it. I just check in now and then and can watch that playback if somethings fishy. Hope that helps!

I have a Ring Stick Up Camera in the coop and a Ring Spotlight Cam over the pen.

Attachments

• 0AC04382-88A3-419D-A81D-C65AE664C9B8.png
    0AC04382-88A3-419D-A81D-C65AE664C9B8.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • 97770DC9-A517-4C75-AB21-5DFCBDB998E1.jpeg
    97770DC9-A517-4C75-AB21-5DFCBDB998E1.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom