Chicken can't stand!!

MariyaJee

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Hello everybody,
I would greatly appreciate some help with my problem. I noticed one of my silkie chickens started limping very heavily and then could not walk at all and just sat down and would not get up, even when I came up to her and normally she runs away the minute she sees me. I isolated her in a tub with food and water and she started crying and crying so I put another very tame smaller silkie with her to give her company. She is using her "knee" type area on her leg to attempt to walk but it is not working. She is also breathing very heavily, almost panting, however, it is night time, not hot at all, and she is inside with air conditioning. Please tell me what I can do for her!
Thank you so much!!

The panting could be from stress from being moved in the house. How old is she? If it's an injury it should slowly improve. Have you checked for injuries? Otherwise things like Mareks come to mind.

She is 8 weeks old and I checked for injuries all around her body but could not find any exterior injuries.

She is about the age that they can start to show symptoms. Otherwise she may begin to improve if it's a leg injury after some rest.

Okay thank you. Also just an update she is still breathing very rapidly and quickly and keeps attempting to walk on the knee with no success and I am afraid she is only going to hurt herself more

Back
Top Bottom