Chicken cold? Sneezing and one eye closed...

At the first signs of colds and sickness in our birds we give them Young Living Essential oils in rice. Has worked Great so far!
For sickness we use: Thieves, Oregano, R.C. and often add Grapefruit oil to the mixes, and the birds seem to really like that one.

I also give them other oils, now and then, like fennel and rosemary.

How many drops of these EO do you add to how many cups of rice? TIA

How many drops of EO to how many cups of rice? TIA

Oh wow this was quite a while back. I can tell you that I did not use essential oils though, all fresh and dried herbs. I also know that I didn't measure anything! The herbs went in while the rice was cooking and the garlic went in fresh after. Not sure about the ginger. What symptoms do your birds have?

I used a couple drops of each. Depends on the size of the flock. Maybe 1 drop per 10 birds.
make sure to use only organic, therapeutic grade oils. The stuff you by at the store is full of chems and fillers. It may do more harm then good.

Oh wow this was quite a while back. I can tell you that I did not use essential oils though, all fresh and dried herbs. I also know that I didn't measure anything! The herbs went in while the rice was cooking and the garlic went in fresh after. Not sure about the ginger. What symptoms do your birds have?
. My bug roosterjust sounds like he's sneezing. Throws his head down to sneeze then shakes his head n keeps on goin. That's it. No bubbles in his eyes no snot nothing else.

Im tempted to try the EO support for my flock (I know this is an old post) but need some guidance its our first year raising a flock and we have approx 14 birds, I noticed the other day one of our younger roosters was pretty listless and standing in the corner with 1 eye shut, got it open with light massage and he was back to his normal self...next day a buff hen was on her deathbed when I found her, she passed away later that day....then noticed a young lavender orp. same symptoms as the young roo one eye shut otherwise normal....I hear a few birds sneezing while im out doing chores....im super nervous as I have some expensive birds in there plus a bunch more brooding out! I want to get something on board ASAP, advice? should I treat with anti-biotic? If so which kind would you guys suggest....they get ACV in their water daily and are kept locked in the coop since we have a terrible fox problem right now. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom