Chicken comb has blood on it

Aug 16, 2021
My chicken, Henrietta a GLW, had blood dripping all over her comb when I found her happily walking up to the food dish. This happened with in a 10 minute period as before I checked she was fine, 10 minutes later and this happened.
C339CFFB-3757-4881-AB15-678E908F7444.jpeg
I did hear her “growl” during that time but didn’t think anything of it as she growls very often anyway. There were some drops of blood in the coop but no blood on the other chickens and no blood on the fencing (if she got caught on it). Any ideas?

Combs can bleed a lot from a tiny peck or cut. Looks like she already has quite a few scabbed up places on her wattles and head. Is she fighting with other hens or a rooster?

Wash off the blood and take some more photos. She's probably fine to just put back once cleaned up and not bleeding anymore.

Combs can bleed a lot from a tiny peck or cut. Looks like she already has quite a few scabbed up places on her wattles and head. Is she fighting with other hens or a rooster?

Wash off the blood and take some more photos. She's probably fine to just put back once cleaned up and not bleeding anymore.
The blood was washed off. She now has some scabs but nothing bad. I’ll put her back soon. She’s kept with a few hens and 1 cockerel. In case she did fight with the hens, I’ll have to keep a closer eye on them. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom