Chicken Coop big enough?

I really liked the Lowes one, and the price was good, but since I have this huge shed/barn already in my backyard, it took awhile, but convinced the hubby, that sectioning part of that would be easier and cheaper:)

I also ordered this for my brooder, thinking I should have just 'built' one, but didn't want to push my luck with the hubby doing all the building...http://www.petsbycsn.com/AandE-Cage-Co.-Rabbit-Cage-RB-Blue-AEC1363.html I got the XLarge,, price was good and I think it will work just fine

Diane

I'm really liking the shed from Lowes idea, I even sent it to hubby. Not only it is cheaper than the coop but it is a LOT bigger. :D And converting it onto a coop should be very easy. :D

Thank you!

I liked that one to, should be easy to add windows to...I am adding windows to the shed/barn we have, for more ventilation and light,,(only has two windows facing the front, the chickens will be in the side with one window),,so I also found at lowes,

http://www.lowes.com/pd_13328-78360...tURL=/pl__0__s?Ntt=basement+windows&facetInfo=

They are flush mounted windows, and CHEAP, with screen/glass can be removed..it's the biggest I could find, have added two inside to the partition of plywood, and adding two to the side doors of the shed itself which will be on the chicken side...

I been doing lots of research LOL

Well, we went to Lowes this past weekend ready to buy that 8x8 shed to convert into a coop, but once there we realized it was very poorly made. :( Hubby was not falling for it. So still coopless. :(

We have a vinyl shed that we do not use, it is probably 5 x 5. We thought about converting that into a coop, my main concern though is heat insulation. Since it is vinyl/plastic, would it be a problem in the winter for the chicken trying to stay warm???
idunno.gif

It has two plastic windows on the roof, would that be sufficient?

We sould have to cut out a little door for the chickens to go in and out, but would that be enought for air flow??

So many questions. :(

Obviously we are trying to save money but on the other hand, I don't want my chickens to suffer. :(

bummer!! glad you checked it out first tho:( I'd look on Ebay to, loads for sale, some pricey some not.
I'm not sure about about vinyl, I think I'd wonder about the heat factor as well..Even look for 'sheds' on ebay, I found tons!
(Check craigslist to!)

I think tour 5x5 shed would be fine. The chickens could keep warm by huddling up. They also have layers of feahers to keep warm.

Back
Top Bottom