Chicken coop flooring

I cover a plywood floor with a recycled vinyl billboard. We use pine shavings and it's not the least bit slippery. Super easy to clean or turn the shavings over. I wrapped it up the wall in case we ever wanted to use a hose to thoroughly clean it out. The shavings under the PVC water system in the back right corner can get a little wet under it but two scoops and its clean and dry again.
Mike
Ozark Funny Farm

Is
Quote:
It is a rubberized roof coating. You apply it with a heavy brush...very easy. It dries to the touch in an hour or two, and fully dries in about 24 hours. It adheres very well to wood; is flexible; and waterproofs the surface.. I put it on my coop floor and about a foot up the walls three years ago. I use pine shavings, and if I clear them away, the surface looks like it did the day I put it down. The only place that needs a new coat is where my chickens go in and out the door.

You can buy it in Lowes, Home Depot, on Amazon, etc. The complete name is Black Jack Rubr-Coat No. 57 Premium Rubberized Coating.
If you click "My Coop" to the left, you can see it in a couple of pictures from when I was building my coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom