Chicken Coop Picture Of the Week (CC-POW) - New Process

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've had a Chicken POW for years and years, and with our cool new BYC homepage we thought we should start a chicken coop POW too!

The process will be similar to the Submit Your Chicken Page For The Picture Of The Week (POW) process:

Every week we'll be choosing from our member's "Chicken Coops" pages to be featured as a The Chicken Coop Picture Of The Week (CC-POW?) on the homepage of the site.

You can create your own chicken coop pages here: Coop Designs

Similar to our Coop Page Contests, we'll be looking for pages with great pictures and information, for example:

1) A write up of how you built your coop along with any information you think would be helpful to other people who may want to build a similar coop.
    2) Any designs / plans you used to build your coop.
    3) Pictures of your coop as it was being constructed.
    4) Finished pictures of your coop.
    5) What you want to change / add to your completed coop.

All of those items aren't required, but the more the better!

We'll choose a picture from some of the pages and feature it as the CC-POW and then comment on your Cooop Page with a note that it has been featured with a link back to this thread (since everyone always wants to know how to get their coop as a CC-POW).

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

[​IMG]

Here is the note posted in the comments section of each page that had a POW chosen:
    Quote:

(note: If you're looking for information on how to submit your coop to be included in our coop index please visit out Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance section and look for the current chicken coop page contest linked at the top of the page)

Here is a list of the most recent Chicken Coop Pictures Of The Week:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Question, can a newby like myself participate? Also, I don't really have any "construction" pictures per se as both of my coops are (1) a refurbished dog house and (2) a refurbished shed, however, I do have before and after pics, can I still post them? Thanks!

3. Dark Dozens

Dark Dozens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Berkshire County, MA
    I was pleasantly surprised to see a picture of my coop on the front page of BYC. My coop made picture of the week. Thank you very much.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  4. AtholCoop

AtholCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    North Idaho
    I need a way to search through previous CC-POW. I saw one last week that I want to share and I can't find it.

5. knjinnm

knjinnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Sandia Park, NM
    Yes there was a coop where everything was hinged to lift of the floor for easy cleaning, I would like to find it again.

6. Thank you guys for choosing my coop for coop of the week!!!!! "BIrd, the Fluffy Butts and me are thrilled!!!! thank you again.

Dee

7. CherMoz

CherMoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    South Central Wisconsin
    Great coops!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by