Chicken Costumes!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MapleLeaf11, Aug 8, 2014.

1. MapleLeaf11

MapleLeaf11 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2014
    New Brunswick, Canada
    This year my 4-H group decided to do something different and asked us to put our chickens into costumes for a costume class.
    Nobody had ever dressed up a chicken or even knew how to that I knew of so it was quite a challenge to figure something out but we eventually came up with something. Has anyone else ever dressed up a chicken? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hxgumdrop

hxgumdrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    Those ear muffs are adorable! and I absolutely love the cardie in the last pic I havent dressed my girls up but I am ever so tempted now!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Oh,yeah you'll find some folks who dress up their chickens. What a neat thing to do for 4-H.

4. hxgumdrop

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    What is 4-H?

5. MapleLeaf11

MapleLeaf11 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2014
    New Brunswick, Canada
    It's a group for kids ages 7-21 where you join projects such as Poultry (which I do), Beef(cattle, which I also do), Dairy, Goat, Horse, Rabbit, Cooking, etc. there's like 100 different projects. Anyway, you would work with your animals or your project for a year. For the animal projects you'd learn how to take care of them, how to show them and how to enter them into fairs and competitions. It gives you all sorts of opportunities for travelling across the country for conference meetings and exchange programs. It's not a very good discription sorry. I'm pretty sure that there are clubs all over the world but mostly just in The USA and Canada.

6. hxgumdrop

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    That description made sense to me thank you :) sounds brilliant Iv not heard of any here in the UK which im a bit guttered about I would have loved to have done something like that never mind il just have to start making up my own strange tasks to do!

7. Wyleiria

Wyleiria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2013
    Texas
    [​IMG]
    This was for a Halloween pet costume contest last year

8. hxgumdrop

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    Haha that is amazing!

9. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Hello, my name is Rapunzel. Excuse me sir, I know you mean nothing by it, but your hairy hands under my skirt are interfering with the whole fairy tale effect.

Sorry, I couldn't help but put a caption to your cute photo because I am a little bit addicted to the caption thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/714104/what-is-this-chicken-thinking

All these costume photos would get some pretty funny captions on that thread if you all want to post them there, too ; )

10. Wyleiria

Wyleiria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2013
    Texas
    Haha! I had to explain to many people she was rapunzel. You should have heard her telling us off after that was taken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by