Chicken Dad in E. Tennessee!

Dave Nutzell

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2019
Hi, my name is Dave, and I’m a chicken dad. Started when my wife bought 3 Neiderrheinerrs from a friend. She got hooked and we now have about 30 of them. Last winter we bought 12 Sapphire Gems, wound up with 11 hens and one rooster. Luck! They lay very large brown eggs (some are huge with double yolks! Had a hen grow broody, and she’s starting to hatch out some chicks, we have two this morning! So we have fun, the Gems in particular are a delight!

Hello Dave and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here. Good luck with the rest of the hatch :fl

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

dave.jpg
Hi, my name is Dave, and I’m a chicken dad. Started when my wife bought 3 Neiderrheinerrs from a friend. She got hooked and we now have about 30 of them. Last winter we bought 12 Sapphire Gems, wound up with 11 hens and one rooster. Luck! They lay very large brown eggs (some are huge with double yolks! Had a hen grow broody, and she’s starting to hatch out some chicks, we have two this morning! So we have fun, the Gems in particular are a delight!
Thanks for taking a moment from your busy day, to introduce yourself. Nice to meet your acquaintance.
FarmerConnieBYCpeckers.gif
welcome3.gif

Back
Top Bottom