Chicken drinking too much?

remedina

Hatching
Jul 9, 2020
Hi guys, I’ve got a dilemma about my chicken drinking too much water her little water container holds roughly 8oz and recently she’s been drinking it all. She then proceeds to throw it up. Should I be concerned I read that maybe it could be a parasite? Also she loved to be picked up and cuddled when doing so seems like she loses her breath. Please help guys is my pet chicken sick

Hi guys, I’ve got a dilemma about my chicken drinking too much water her little water container holds roughly 8oz and recently she’s been drinking it all. She then proceeds to throw it up. Should I be concerned I read that maybe it could be a parasite? Also she loved to be picked up and cuddled when doing so seems like she loses her breath. Please help guys is my pet chicken sick
So sorry I wish I could help. That does not sound good.

How is your chicken doing today? Do you only have a single chicken? How is she behaving otherwise? How old? Is she eating? If you are really worried you may try posting in the Emergencies/ Disease / Injuries forum

Is it hot where you are @remedina?
Chickens can overindulge in the water until their crop overflows.
Chickens can't actually throw up, but if they tip their heads down and overfull crop will spill out.

Back
Top Bottom