Chicken Dropped Dead - No signs - Necropsy Results On Post 32

Sorry you lost a hen, Nifty.
I've thought if this happens to us I'd do the same and send it up the road to Purdue. That would freak me out to have one just drop over like that. Did you just call the vet school at Davis?

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

That's great you can get her tested! They probably jump on the opportunity to dissect birds with their vet students; I know that cadavers can be expensive.

Keep us posted.

WOW...sorry about your loss
sad.png

what a great resource to share with us...I would be very interested to hear the results and the whole process!

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Quote:
Good news is this chicken was low on the "pet list". There are 2 others that are Alana's favorites and she'd definitely have a harder time with. Fortunately for the most she's okay with death. Having chickens come and go has really helped her to deal with it.

BTW, Alana still talks about our visit to Bo and Star. Today she said, "When are we going to buy a horse?"
roll.png

Sorry about your loss!

I lost one of my girls about a week ago. Didn't notice any problem...but just found her dead.

Very sad...

Sad for your loss too, Nifty. I just found my roo passed on Tuesday morning, and wanted to do a necropsy as well, but am going in for a spine procudure today, and just couldn't get it together in time with everything else going on.

I noticed someone else here mentioned their chicken had just passed for no reason as well also. With a site this big, it would be interesting to track ages and deaths (outside of predator attacks) for those that just die for no apparent reason.

Orchidchick

Back
Top Bottom