Chicken dying from mite infestation, help!

If your methods don't resolve the mite situation, you have to wash her in a sink or tub with dishwashing soap. It's the same method you use to clean a dog.

But since she's prone to chills. Use 2 towels, one to soak up excess moisture, second one to wrap her up in and placed under a heat lamp or blowdry her off.
I will plan to do this tomorrow if I still see the mites.

Chicken Update:

I sent her in to be euthanized this morning. She was so thin and weak I feel should could not possibly recover and I couldn’t put her through any more. I do believe she had something else like cancer as well to allow the mite infestation to get so bad. None of my other birds are that bad. After all the treatmets she had, they were still many many still active on her this morning. Poor bird. I will definitely try the other mite treatments mentioned, thank you.

Chicken Update:

I sent her in to be euthanized this morning. She was so thin and weak I feel should could not possibly recover and I couldn’t put her through any more. I do believe she had something else like cancer as well to allow the mite infestation to get so bad. None of my other birds are that bad. After all the treatmets she had, they were still many many still active on her this morning. Poor bird. I will definitely try the other mite treatments mentioned, thank you.
Sorry to hear you lost her but you give it your best shot. I raise American gamefowl and mites are a huge issue the ectoline has been amazing for me.

Thank you. It has been a rough couple of weeks trying to get her to eat, get rid of the mites, etc. I have ordered the Ectoline and will use it promptly.
Yes it’s always rough trying to save them we have one that’s been sick a few times with digestional issues he’s been staying in the house with us for almost a month now finally getting better. If you truly love your birds you’ll go above and beyond. I hope the ectoline works for you it’s good stuff. Best wishes.

I use Pen, & Poultry. It's premixed Permethrin Spray. It wiped out all the lice from my birds. Now I just need to get rid of Scaly Leg Mites. Bantam coop has it worse.

Back
Top Bottom