Chicken experts have at it

Quote:
You are NOT a cat thief. You are a responsible person who did what needed to be done. If someone really wanted him back you would have seen signs hanging up or had people knocking on your door asking if you had seen him. Love your new baby and don't worry!

Quote:
You are NOT a cat thief. You are a responsible person who did what needed to be done. If someone really wanted him back you would have seen signs hanging up or had people knocking on your door asking if you had seen him. Love your new baby and don't worry!

Thank you
hugs.gif
He is one spoiled kitty now.
It does make me feel better...
smile.png

91903_100409151145.jpg

This is just a very small example of what I'm talking about when I say "they're" as in they are always in my yard. On some weekend mornings when I step out to have a cup of coffee and a smoke I've counted as many as 18 chickens none of them mine scratching for bugs. I doubt the momma hen will be missed. This evening I spotted another momma with 3 chicks that look a couple months old running behind her.

Any way, thank you everybody that welcomed and shared a lil of their mind with me. @ Egghead_Jr wow spot on buddy you got a lil to technical for me but yeah at first count when I found the eggs. A contractor had just finished re-roofing our house. I was walking around checking things out when I found the eggs. You're right there were 20 eggs!
91903_easter_eggs.jpg

She kicked 1 out (it had a lil crack) 2 disappeared in the night before we put the old dog run over her and the eggs and 1 spent a hole day trying to get out of it's eggs. I guess I killed that one I couldn't help myself listening to it peep but it wasn't coming out and everybody else was out so I tried to help and I guess that wasn't what I should have done. The other 2 never hatched. I waited another 3 days before I finally just pulled those eggs out and there was just yoke no baby chicks.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't think your a cat thief .... cause I don't think I'm a chicken thief I was trying to be funny. Sometimes that humor thing works for me sometimes it doesn't.

18 strange chickens just wandering onto your property???
ep.gif

Are you sure they belong to somebody and aren't feral? I don't know who in their right mind would let their chickens just wander around like that. That's just asking for trouble, at least you are keeping the hen you found safe in a coop
hmm.png

Quote:
I don't think your a cat thief .... cause I don't think I'm a chicken thief I was trying to be funny. Sometimes that humor thing works for me sometimes it doesn't.

Nope... you are funny... I laughed a bit, then started thinking about it...
smile.png

If you want more chickens... build a coop... they will come (at least it looks like it with your picture)

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure they once belonged in the yard I see them come from...when does an escaped chicken become a feral chicken?

I must say so far I like chicken people way more than I like dog people nobody has asked me if my chicks have papers! I bet some of the guys I work with don't have 'papers' why is it always so important that my dog have papers???? I keep her in the house except when she needs to do business cause I don't want her to get deported!

Back
Top Bottom