Chicken feed in SF Bay Area?

fluffhead

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 5, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Hi ya'll,

I am trying to find a good steady source of feed. I have literally purchased the last bag of feed at two different spots in Alameda and Oakland (and they have no plans to re-order). Today, I went to a very shady place in San Pablo that looked like a front for crack sales, I am not kidding.

There are wonderful places in Sonoma county, but I'd like to find a place closer to Berkeley in between big trips.

I'd particularly love a source of ORGANIC feed, but perhaps that's wishing on a star.

Thank you!
big_smile.png

Check the phone book for the feed store in Concord. There was one there awile ago. They took care of the horse people around the area. Clayton would be another area to check.

I've sent an email to my sister in Martinez asking and I can call my aunt that lives there too, tomorrow. Any luck yet finding one?

We raise chickens in Oakland and Concord Feed in Concord is usually the most dependable but haven't tried Mike's in San Leandro.

Let us know how that goes if you go to Mike's.

Looks like you are north of here, but I found this place :

Close Feed & Supply
727 Industrial Pkwy W Ste L, Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 581-6811

Is anyone familiar with them? I have not had the chance to get out there.

Chicken feed is also available in Berkeley at both "LUCKY DOG" and "ANIMAL FARM" pet stores, in Alameda at the "PET FOOD EXPRESS" (I think that is the name - the pet food chain store at the new shopping center just across the Fruitvale Bridge in Alameda. I really disappointed that Pagano's Hardware in Alameda stopped selling chicken food - at $12 / 50# scratch, or egg layer crumble, it was the best deal I had found. I just have 5 hens, but local birds also get in to munch a free lunch...

My sister use to get Chinchilla dust for him to take a bath in, in Castro Valley off of Castro Valley Blvd. I think they had everything.

Back
Top Bottom