Chicken feed price

Victoria chan

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2019
I know this might be old question, but where can I get chicken feed cheap? Monthly consumption about 2000lb. I called surrounding feed store, still seems Tractor Supply has the cheapest. Located in southern NH.

Feathered Family Leader

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2019
I am from KY and Tractor Supply is the best price around here, too. I was sure the local feed stores would beat them on price but they didn't. Rural King had a better price on their brand but we don't have one close and they don't ship.

muddy75

Keeper of Pets with a Purpose
Premium member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
“big box stores” tsc, rk, and even walmart seem to have the cheapest prices.....occasionally a local mill will be able to beat the price in bulk orders if you happen to have 1 locally. 2000 lbs per month is a lot!!! :eek: you must be running a big flock! you may consider butchering more often to save food cost!!

Victoria chan

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2019
I am from KY and Tractor Supply is the best price around here, too. I was sure the local feed stores would beat them on price but they didn't. Rural King had a better price on their brand but we don't have one close and they don't ship.
Good to know! But unluckily, we don't have that either:(

Victoria chan

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2019
“big box stores” tsc, rk, and even walmart seem to have the cheapest prices.....occasionally a local mill will be able to beat the price in bulk orders if you happen to have 1 locally. 2000 lbs per month is a lot!!! :eek: you must be running a big flock! you may consider butchering more often to save food cost!!
We would butcher for profit later. But just doing research at this moment. It seems we don't have feed mill or they won't deliver 2000lb for me.

muddy75

Keeper of Pets with a Purpose
Premium member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
2000 lb, as in 1 ton? And you have 12 birds? Do you realize that feed is perishable? 12 might eat 50 lbs a month. I wouldn't get more than 50 lbs at a time.....
op hasn’t said/confirmed how many birds.....just feed amount per month

Latest posts

Top Bottom