Chicken feeder cork bucket

Overthinker

Songster
Sep 26, 2021
Hi!
My question is:
Does anyone have the supply list for making a bucket feeder that you drill a hole in bottom and put a bolt and washer thru it and then a cork on the end and hang the bucket. They then peck the cork and food falls out? Or any tips about them?

I ask because yes there are tons of videos etc how to do it.

The problem I'm running into is youtubers etc hear about it but don't actually know how to make it right but don't care and make a video anyway.

I'd like to skip making 4 versions trying because I'm low on money.

Please help me get it done right the first time.

Thank you!

Go to this thread and you may get the ideas you need.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...l-feeders-and-creative-waterers.822112/page-2

I was going to suggest a different type,, like pix below. Not much cash outlay if you do it yourself.
hredirect2.php

Can be closed off for the night to keep mice out of getting feed.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Hi!
My question is:
Does anyone have the supply list for making a bucket feeder that you drill a hole in bottom and put a bolt and washer thru it and then a cork on the end and hang the bucket. They then peck the cork and food falls out? Or any tips about them?

The problem I'm running into is youtubers etc hear about it but don't actually know how to make it right but don't care and make a video anyway.

Thank you!

I tried making one of these and considered it a flop, my girls would have had to stand there and peck all day to get enough food. Maybe my girls are just dumb...that being said, I still have my notes, so here they are:

The book 'Hentopia' has info on p. 27 hanging critter-proof feeder

Found a video for similar, the materials slightly differ from Hentopia but same idea.

5 gallon food grade bucket and top
3 - 1/4" x 5-6" eye bolts
6 - 1/4" washers
3 - 1/4" nuts
3 - 1/2" pvc couplings
TOOLS:
power drill
3/4" spade drill bit or circle cutter

Hi!
My question is:

Thank you!
https://www.hobbyfarms.com/diy-chicken-vending-machine-feeder/

Back
Top Bottom