Lets see your DIY no spill feeders and creative waterers!

Not too many flow problems. Occasionally when it looks like things are a little stuck I just tap on the verticle pipe a or jiggle it a little and that solves it. I haven't had to do that often though and the crumble I use has never totally stopped flowing down to their feeding holes.

[/URL]
5 gallon bucket with two 90degree elbows,cut the elbow so it is about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the bucket, they have to stick their heads in to eat and can't fling the food out. Works great and holds about a month's worth of food for mine.

I built this one after talking a lot with Jetdog and it works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just make sure that you have it measured right so that the pipe inside is at MAX 1" off the bottom (1/2" is the best). Took me 2 times to get it right. My girls love it! Cut your elbow at the red line (that end goes in the bucket)

Automatic waterer (for spring, summer and fall)......... It will freeze up in the winter. This is PRICELESS and very cheap to construct!

5 gallon bucket, pvc pipe and some nipples (from China on Ebay - Under $3 shipped for 5)

Hi love your idea of using the 2" elbow it would be soft on the chickens necks and easy to install. I have been watching to see what would work the best and I like this one so far. I think I would
change out the bucket and use my feed container, it has a lid that opens and has a latch and on four wheels that rolls around real easy and holds quite a bit feed. Plus it is rectangle in shape so I can put in more elbows because my chickens like to eat together. I like how the lip on the collar of the fitting makes an eve around the entrance. Thank You Very Much

Thanks for the great feeder design idea!!! It's a little bright in the coop today, but you can get the idea. I even added a level indicator for bonus points!

Hi I just got to your post. Here is my water system it's a automatic dog watering dish with a valve so you can set the height of the water, I got it at TSC for $13.00 and another $10.00 for the hookup valves on the water line. For the feeder I got the idea from watching what other people come up with so here is mine. I had bought a feed container $35.00 it holds about 50lbs. of grain, and it's on wheels.The Feeder was fixed with 6 = 3" Sweep elbows at the bottom of the container and they cost $5.00 each. They were set at 1/2" space from bottom of container and we smooth off the rough edges on the elbows such as the emblems and the cuts. The chickens seem to feed out of it just fine and I take a little fine stick and clean out the wood chip that seem to get in it and make sure that the grain is flowing OK. They clean up any spills. It has rained and the over hang of the coupling and the slight tilt of the sides of the container seems to help keep out the water. I took it off of the wheels and up it on some blocks so it is stationary. I have small Bantams and the 3" elbows is plenty big for them.

Back
Top Bottom