Lets see your DIY no spill feeders and creative waterers!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChickenKid11, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Songster

Cool job!

2. Kadjain

Kadjain Songster

3. ChickenLife

ChickenLife In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2013
    Thank You so much Bens-Hens for giving me an ovation for what I did on the water and feeder project, you are being very kind.

4. farmgirlroots

farmgirlroots Chirping

Apr 20, 2013
    Oregon
    My Coop
    . Jimmywalt wand chickenlife,
    You may have already said this and I missed it but what specifically did you use to seal the elbow into the plastic bin?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  5. ChickenLife

ChickenLife In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2013
    I used Silicone Caulk - White let it set up for 24 hours. I used a 3 1/4 " drill blade for a 3" sweep elbows, and the fit was tight. The blades are price' but the choice was a good fit. I paid $18.00 for it and it was the cheapest I could find. I donated it to the shop for the guys help, they had blades bigger and smaller, just not that size, but now they do. I figure after all this construction, the left overs makes the next project even better and/or cheaper, it's all in the way you are looking at it. I do Love my chickens and the projects has brought family and friends together, its ben very good for all of us.

6. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Songster

Mar 24, 2013
    I used silicone caulk too. Also used a hole saw set (from Harbor Freight) to make the holes for the elbows. I think the set was only $8 bucks.

7. Sidhe13

Sidhe13 Chirping

Jan 26, 2015
    Victoria, Australia
    My partner's uncle made us a waterer that hooks up to a tap with a ball valve in it...super easy!

8. Timbeas8907

Timbeas8907 Chirping

Apr 30, 2015
    Illinois
    After looking around on this sight for ideas this is what I came up with. I'm gonna run the gutters into it so they are rain filled. The only thing I have to figure out is how to keep it from freezing over the winter.[​IMG]

9. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Crowing

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best DIY feeder I have encountered.
    Click on the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJv

10. NQBQDY

NQBQDY In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2015
    Ardmore, OK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my new setup, seems to be working good. The waterer holds 3 gallons and the feeder holds about 15lbs of layer pellets. All just 4" pvc and fittings, cost about $50 all together.

Drother and Hokum Coco like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: