DIY chicken coop, run, waterer and feeder hacks and how to builds

I'll have to take a picture but we've got a DYI 5-gallon nipple bucket in the coop. We put 1/2 teaspoon of RV water freshener in it and it keeps algae out and the water crystal clear. Those are great in coops because there's no open water and roosters can't get their wattles wet.

Heres a super simple waterer made from a water jug/cooler. There are many variations to this as well as other watering systems available by searching YouTube. One thing I noticed with this video is all the connections were glued. Adding threaded connections would ease cleaning the lines out easier. But this would make a super simple summer waterer to keep water cool.

Heres a super simple waterer made from a water jug/cooler. There are many variations to this as well as other watering systems available by searching YouTube. One thing I noticed with this video is all the connections were glued. Adding threaded connections would ease cleaning the lines out easier. But this would make a super simple summer waterer to keep water cool.

is there any way you can heat it?

Back
Top Bottom