Chicken feelin' HOT,HOT,HOT!!

OH my hooligan! I don't think it's EVER stayed 80 degrees here once the sun set! I could not live someplace like that I would be a GRUMP 24/7 till winter!
rant.gif

We actually talked about moving to Alaska! Seriously!

That mister sounds like a great idea for the run during the hotpart of the day. I am going to put that one on my list.

Great idea dn thanks for sharing.

That's a good idea! I will have to get one of those as well! Mine were panting just now, it's about 97 here today and HUMID! I was wondering, if I use a little feed dish filled with water, will they splash in it to cool off?

i read somewhere on here last year about someone freezing water in 2 liter soda bottles and laying them down in the coop/run. the idea was the chickens could then "roost" on the cold bottles to cool down.

i tried it but all my girls did was furiously peck off the labels and then abandon them. but maybe your girls would figure it out once the fun of de-labeling the bottles was done?

Love my Critters! :

I bought a mister at Wal-Mart for $12.00 and it's about 12 feet long. It works great! It came with clips and I clipped it to the wire about 3 feet high. The hose is on a timer and I run it from 12 noon until about 4 or 5 in the evening. It lowers the temp by 30 degrees. My chickens LOVE it. They also enjoy scratching the wet dirt underneath it to look for yummies! Give the mister a try. Hope this helps.

I've been wanting to find one of those! Is that what they call it - a mister? I gather this is sold in Garden Supply for use on plants normally? We're about to have 110 heat index here in NJ and i'm fretting already.

JJ​

Wow! I am in south TX and HATE when the weather gets below 60 (which is closer to our winter months, lol)! I DO NOT like cold/chilly weather what so ever! I do not know how you all can do it! Give me 90 temps anyday!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom