Chicken feelin' HOT,HOT,HOT!!

We have broke records for the past three day being over 100. Monday it was 105. I have lost 2 big laying hens since Tuesday. I am going to have to try that mister idea.

We drilled about a dozen 4 inch diameter holes all over the coop, opened the doors and put wire in front of them to try and circulate air.

Quote:
GOOD LORD!
ep.gif
I would be packing my bags the night it stayed 90 after the sun went down!
th.gif

I'm a home grown Wisconsinite! Were lucky to reach 90 in the mid of summer in daylight! And when it does I'm in a/c
lau.gif

Oh I forgot to add...right now IN DAYLIGHT it's 60...my type of temps
smile.png

Oh Hangin, you've made me so homesick for my native northern IL. I'm a recent transplant to San Antonio, TX and the heat is unbearable most of the time - and as every one tells me, it's just going to get worse. Ugh. The sun is blistering and the heat is intense. My poor sussex and cochin are miserable and walk around panting all day, seeking any moist shady spot they can find. I'd gladly put up with those cold winters over this awful heat any day - oh, and don't even get me started on the giant flying roaches and other assorted insects that inhabit this part of the country . . .
sickbyc.gif
Up north, we have a way of preventing huge monsterous insects like that from taking over - it's called WINTER . . .

Tara

Tara, I used to live in San Antonio...I can never forget the time it was 97 degrees right before Xmas. It was just so WRONG!

Back
Top Bottom