Chicken found alive after 1-2 months of being trapped

Pics
I stopped getting notifications from this thread! :hit:hit:hit
She’s doing so good!!! All that I can think of to help that hasn’t been said already is maybe a little mashed banana, applesauce, or oatmeal (please make it known if I’m wrong)
I’m rooting for her!! Go Blondie!!! Your doing an amazing job with her and everyone has given such good advice!! Hope she gets better and then lives a long happy life!!

2 week update:
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks!
Here’s a 15 sec video of Blondie to see her progress :)
She’s been going out to her pen every day. I’ll let her out if I’m outside with her, like in the video. She still can’t walk great, but she doesn’t stumble as much. She loves being outside though! She’ll walk a few steps, then sit down and peck. Then she’ll try standing for a few seconds, then she sits. So she’s slowly exercising herself and getting stronger.
She feels a little heavier too! So she’s slowly gaining her weight back.
I’m not sure when I’ll move her out of the bathroom at night. I’m nervous to put her in the coop with the other chickens bc they may beat her up, plus it’s getting down into the 30’s at night, and she doesn’t have much fat on her yet to help her stay warm. What would you do? Just keep her inside until she’s a bit stronger and bigger?
That's amazing!! She looks so alert and happy. Her comb is really nice and red, which surprised me.

Blondie is still here! She's been staying in the bathroom at night and the pen during the day. Honestly, I'm ready for her to move out, lol. She has started to jump out of the bathtub, and I'm tired of cleaning out the bathroom every morning, plus she laid 2 eggs this week!! I take the eggs as a GREAT sign!
So, I started to let her out of the pen this week. Our 3 other hens are free range, and Blondie's pen has been near them in their favorite spots in the yard. I was hoping it would go well because they've been seeing her for the past few weeks. But it hasn't gone well at all 😞
Two of our chickens are totally fine with her, but Widow, who is at the top of the pecking order, seems to now HATE Blondie. She won't stop attacking her until Blondie is driven far away to the side of the yard.
Blondie is so much better, and she's consistently getting stronger, but she's still not 100% like the other chickens. It's like Widow senses that she's weaker and doesn't want her around.
When Blondie is in her pen, she eats grass, but she also sits a lot. When I take her out, she moves around a lot more. So, I want her out of the pen, but being unsupervised has not worked out. Maybe I'm rushing things? I don't know. I don't think I am, but I need help with reintegrating her.
I've been researching online, and my thought is to put Widow in the pen for a week or so. Maybe that would reset their pecking order. What would you do?

Blondie is still here! She's been staying in the bathroom at night and the pen during the day. Honestly, I'm ready for her to move out, lol. She has started to jump out of the bathtub, and I'm tired of cleaning out the bathroom every morning, plus she laid 2 eggs this week!! I take the eggs as a GREAT sign!
So, I started to let her out of the pen this week. Our 3 other hens are free range, and Blondie's pen has been near them in their favorite spots in the yard. I was hoping it would go well because they've been seeing her for the past few weeks. But it hasn't gone well at all 😞
Two of our chickens are totally fine with her, but Widow, who is at the top of the pecking order, seems to now HATE Blondie. She won't stop attacking her until Blondie is driven far away to the side of the yard.
Blondie is so much better, and she's consistently getting stronger, but she's still not 100% like the other chickens. It's like Widow senses that she's weaker and doesn't want her around.
When Blondie is in her pen, she eats grass, but she also sits a lot. When I take her out, she moves around a lot more. So, I want her out of the pen, but being unsupervised has not worked out. Maybe I'm rushing things? I don't know. I don't think I am, but I need help with reintegrating her.
I've been researching online, and my thought is to put Widow in the pen for a week or so. Maybe that would reset their pecking order. What would you do?
That exact thing. Remove the bully, put Blondie with the others, let the pecking order change

Sounds like she’s doing so good!
That exact thing. Remove the bully, put Blondie with the others, let the pecking order change
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom