Chicken gasping while trying to sleep?

DE isn't going to help anything and it may further irritate their respiratory system.

What did the worms in the droppings look like, do you have a picture?

Hey all just wanted to follow up on this post. The behavior continued and after a couple days another chicken began the behavior again only at night. The original chicken to display the behavior also started doing a weird sneeze during the day.

This morning I went out to let them out and saw worms in their poop. I’ll be treating with safeguard and DE for the coop and run.
Look no offense but your milking a problem that doesnt exist, all chickens do this sometimes.

In the video linked, those are roundworms, so two doses 10 days apart at .23 ml per pound of body weight will get those.
Since your original concern was gapeworm, if you want to ease your mind that it isn't that, then treat at the same .23 ml per pound but do it for 5 days in a row instead. That will take care of gapeworm and roundworm. The 5 days in a row treatment is usually recommended if you don't know what worm you are dealing with, to make sure you get them.

In the video linked, those are roundworms, so two doses 10 days apart at .23 ml per pound of body weight will get those.
Since your original concern was gapeworm, if you want to ease your mind that it isn't that, then treat at the same .23 ml per pound but do it for 5 days in a row instead. That will take care of gapeworm and roundworm. The 5 days in a row treatment is usually recommended if you don't know what worm you are dealing with, to make sure you get them.
Awesome thanks I’ll def do the five day with an egg withdrawal period of two weeks?

Back
Top Bottom