Chicken goes pale and lethargic overnight, please help!

If you have a kitchen scale, you might want to get a baseline weight on them, that will help you figure out if they getting better or worse.

-Kathy

We weighed each flockmember and we are on the way to the vet to pick up some valbazen wormer. We will go ahead and worm the whole flock. I cant seem to find it in our local farm store This vet will help treat chickens but they will not allow you to bring them in.

As a progress report she is still pale and her comb and waddles are cool/cold to the touch. I would say she is more energetic and voicy today. She is willing to forage a little and will do egg squats still. (I gave her a little outside time to boost moral and better observe behavior) Her appetite is still poor. Her crop was empty this morning. Got her to eat some scrambled eggs with a little chick feed mixed in. The only thing she will eat with vigor is mealy worms. I have been mixing those in her eggs too. Her poos are still not normal.

Ok she got the first round and oral dose of valbazen. She did poop so I have s fresh pic. This one is of the same consistancy of the rest, but this time was a good size. The rest have been very small.
Still not interested much in food other then treats. She has settled in to lay an egg. Hopefully she won't have any trouble.

Checked on her again, and she laid her egg. The egg appears normal. She is still pale, and appetite is still suppressed. I made her me scrambled egg with yogurt. She ate some but was not excited about it. She will still eat mealy worms vigorously. When I get home again I will let he outside for a while and see how she acts and if she seems more energetic. Hopefully the wormer will do the trick without killing her. If she has a bad infestation it could be hard on her. In addition to he layer pellets I may offer some small rations of chick feed and see if that makes her hungry.

Back
Top Bottom