Chicken had water coming out of chest.

Whytho

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2018
We found one of our young chickens acting lethargic a few days ago so we immediately got worried an went to check him out. He seemed to have a broken wing an had some head feathers plucked out by the other chickens. We brought him inside and put him in a cage to recover, later I noticed clear goopy stuff coming out of his chest. I gave him more water an when he drank it the stuff started pouring out of his chest. I looked an his feathers were very wet an there is an open wound but it’s not bleeding or anything. His first day inside he perked up an was eating an drinking an is still like that so I haven’t done much about it. I think you can see his airsac but I’m not sure that’s exactly what it is it’s like a clear bubble near where the water is coming out. He seems like he is doing fine but he is getting dirty what should I do?!

It sounds like his crop was punctured, in which case I think surgery or euthanasia are the only two real options.
That makes sense but he’s doing just fine an I don’t want to put him into shock from taking him therr

hey i know this thread died a long time ago but it recovered fully. i just gave it lots of extra water so some would make it down. i just wanted to let you guys know so if another person w a similar issue finds this they don’t loose hope!

Back
Top Bottom