Chicken has bandage stuck to her foot ! ??

Jan 1, 2021
I gave a chicken to an someone. She had just been treated for bumblefoot. He promised to take the bandage off after a time but he didnt. The poor chicken had it on all winter long and still does. He said about a month ago he tried to take the bandage off and the foot blead really bad so he stuck it back on. Should I rip her poor foot open again and fix it? I know that is probably what I should do, but I dread it so bad. She walks on it a little funny now. Her scales are lifting up just a little bit above the bandage. Help. (Super tight budget but I have everything to treat a human. peroxide, alcohol, neosporin non stick gauze and stretch wrap. This is what I have used to treat brumble foot in the past and it worked fine but this is a little different.) What if there is a gaping hole? Thank you!

I have a no stick bandage adhesive spray I use to remove bandages especially if have to keep bandages on for awhile and do periodic bandage changes. It works amazing, tape comes right off!

I gave a chicken to an someone. She had just been treated for bumblefoot. He promised to take the bandage off after a time but he didnt. The poor chicken had it on all winter long and still does. He said about a month ago he tried to take the bandage off and the foot blead really bad so he stuck it back on. Should I rip her poor foot open again and fix it? I know that is probably what I should do, but I dread it so bad. She walks on it a little funny now. Her scales are lifting up just a little bit above the bandage. Help. (Super tight budget but I have everything to treat a human. peroxide, alcohol, neosporin non stick gauze and stretch wrap. This is what I have used to treat brumble foot in the past and it worked fine but this is a little different.) What if there is a gaping hole? Thank you!
I would soak her foot in warm water, and perhaps add some Epson salt to the water. That way you won't be damaging the foot again. That would be my plan of action. Best of Luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom