chicken has given up on life.

Okay. Update!!! Warf escaped from her ummm... Cage tent thing. But I found her trying to eat grass!!! (I don't know why she didn't eat the grass in her cage tent thing... But oh well.) I gave her and her BFF some apple pieces and she tried to eat that also, but she couldn't so I gave her smaller pieces, and she also drank about 30 ML of water and she looked more perky. however her other eye is now going cloudy so I am worried about that.

this is the first time in a week she has tried eating by herself!
Your chicken Warf obviously needs nutrition. She need protein, not grass, not yogurt, not apples, protein. Scrambled eggs, canned cat food, a complete chicken food of at least 20% protein. Add vitamins to her water for now, get her on some good food and work on the eye problem after she starts eating again.

Okay, here's an update! I have fed her wet grain and have given her water. And also she escaped today again, I found her further then last time and she was sleeping under a tree. I brought her back and she started walking around the tent and I put her BFF with her.

She is not taking the food well which was why I was giving her yogurt and apples, (I could get the yogurt in her mouth easy, and she likes apples.) Also what's wrong with her eye is... We don't know. We just don't know.

And someone left a number and address. With no really umm explanation.. Soo... I would like to know what that ment. Also Also also. Is there a good avian bet on nh because I have never seen one here.

Thank you all so much.

-amelia.

Okay, here's an update! I have fed her wet grain and have given her water. And also she escaped today again, I found her further then last time and she was sleeping under a tree. I brought her back and she started walking around the tent and I put her BFF with her.

She is not taking the food well which was why I was giving her yogurt and apples, (I could get the yogurt in her mouth easy, and she likes apples.) Also what's wrong with her eye is... We don't know. We just don't know.

And someone left a number and address. With no really umm explanation.. Soo... I would like to know what that ment. Also Also also. Is there a good avian bet on nh because I have never seen one here.

Thank you all so much.

-amelia.
Well, a bird that keeps escaping is NOT one that has given up on life yet... to me. :wee:fl

Maybe mix some scrambled egg with her yogurt? Have you tried eggs or do you know if she likes them?

I think that address was information to your state vet where they could do a necropsy to determine a cause of death IF she passes.

A fecal float to determine worm/coccidia load can be done at ANY vet, doesn't have to be avian.

Please since you have her locked in... check the crop at night and then again in the morning. Crop issues do impact feeding. And sometimes when one thing start, others snowball and take advantage. Also a pic of the droppings?

Thank you all so much.

-amelia.
I figured it would be obvious when it was a link to the University of New Hampshire Veterinary Diagnostic Lab.
NHVDL
21 Botanical Lane
Durham, NH 03824
Phone: 603-862-2726
https://nhvdl.unh.edu/tests-fees-forms

Like some states they want the specimens submitted by a vet but if you call them they may accept from owners. They would also likely know who all the avian vets in the state are.

What kind of poultry feed did you say your hen has been eating?

Last edited:
She has been doing this for whole days at a time... She just stands there in the darkest corner she can find.

So any thoughts as to why she escaped?

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_085640.jpg
    IMG_20180714_085640.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 30
"I figured it would be obvious when it was a link to the University of New Hampshire Veterinary Diagnostic Lab. "

:hmm I'm a dork... :p

(My tablet won't let me quote)

Back
Top Bottom