Chicken has sour crop and has a broken leg HELP!

lbah03

Chirping
Jun 21, 2019
Nebraska
Good Afternoon,

I checked on my chickens before I left the house yesterday and they were all fine. I was gone for less than an hour and when I returned I found one of my chickens laying in the run not moving. I saw she tried to stand but something was wrong with one of her legs. It appears to be broken higher up on her leg. I can feel the break. Not sure what to do?? Second, when holding her I noticed her crop was squishy, I am assuming it it sour crop from everything I read. I have read many articles on sour crop but not sure what to do. I have a little bit of water with the apple cider vinegar, but she will not drink anything. Any help with both of the medical issues would be appreciated. I do have her isolated and she is in a cat carrier so she doesn’t move too much Thank you

I will try that with the electrolyte and eggs. No her leg is broken up at the top. Weird spot and not sure how she did it. We managed to get a split on it so hopefully that will help a little. She did perk up a little this evening. She stood up and was standing there on one foot. Feel so bad for her. Hopefully, we can get through this. Thanks for your advice.

Offer her a little scrambled or raw egg. Add some electrolytes to her water. If she still won’t drink, a vet would be great. Forcing a chicken can be done, but it’s hard. Is her leg bent or bleeding? And could it possibly be bumblefoot?

Back
Top Bottom