Chicken has swollen stomach need help !!

Chicken_lover1

Chirping
Dec 3, 2019
Powers lake, North Dakota
I was in my chicken coop and I noticed one of my asian hens was walking funny. I picked her up and her stomach was about the size of a soft ball I took her inside to soak her and it's not egg bound it was a few days ago and she's not eating much I also tried draining her stomach but it is not ascites i need help

I was in my chicken coop and I noticed one of my asian hens was walking funny. I picked her up and her stomach was about the size of a soft ball I took her inside to soak her and it's not egg bound it was a few days ago and she's not eating much I also tried draining her stomach but it is not ascites i need help

Hello,
It looks like sour crop to me.
Isloate her and keep her without food and water for at leats 12 hours.
Give gentle massage to her crop and encourage her to walk.
If the problem doesn't resolves,then try draining her crop.

Where is she swollen? If it is in the lower belly, between the legs, that may be a sign of water belly (ascites) where fluid collects in the abdomen during heart or liver disease, and reproductive disorders or cancer. How does her crop feel? Does it empty overnight?
She is swollen between the legs.
We know it is no ascites. She only eats little bits of food so her crop is mostly empty and it's kinda squishy

Back
Top Bottom