Chicken having a hard time eatin

outofthereality

Chirping
May 9, 2020
She’s been acting weird for 2 weeks now. I tried to give her electrolytes, probiotics, and acidifiers to help her but lately she’s having issues in eating and she’s constantly want to sleep but when I take her out in open land she eats grass but very sluggish. I checked her poop in the mornings and it seems fine, a green color from eating grass. I’m not sure what’s wrong with her.

Attachments

• FE1D30D6-E753-4CBB-BEE7-79A3030A36DB.jpeg
    FE1D30D6-E753-4CBB-BEE7-79A3030A36DB.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 11
Can you feel of her crop and tell us if it is empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy? First thing in the morning before she eats is the best time to check it, when it should be empty. If not, she may have a crop problem. Crop disorders can be a cause of not eating. Feel of her breast muscles to see if she feels light. Is she laying eggs? You might want to worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard just in case she has worms.

Can you feel of her crop and tell us if it is empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy? First thing in the morning before she eats is the best time to check it, when it should be empty. If not, she may have a crop problem. Crop disorders can be a cause of not eating. Feel of her breast muscles to see if she feels light. Is she laying eggs? You might want to worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard just in case she has worms.
She’s light, she seems to feel like boney, and her crop is flat she hasn’t ate today and she’s still young to lay eggs. She feels light, I’m not sure what’s wrong with her eating habits

Odd. I don't have any experience with this, but can you grab her and tell us how much she weighs? Also, photos of the inside of her mouth would be helpful. The head throwing makes me wonder if she's having issues swallowing.
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @azygous may have suggestions.

Attachments

• F35ACEA7-2770-4D4A-BF1F-71F3CDF5DB3C.jpeg
    F35ACEA7-2770-4D4A-BF1F-71F3CDF5DB3C.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 2
  • A3E31E34-1D48-422D-9BF9-D67043247015.jpeg
    A3E31E34-1D48-422D-9BF9-D67043247015.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 2
She’s light, she seems to feel like boney, and her crop is flat she hasn’t ate today and she’s still young to lay eggs. She feels light, I’m not sure what’s wrong with her eating habits
When she did eat which was little, her crop was hard from yesterday. Made me worry. At first I thought she was getting better but today she’s worst

I can’t seem to get the video to work. I am a little confused, is her crop empty and flat or full and hard? With her weight loss, I would worry about a crop problem or she could have cancer. What is she eating in the picture? What type of feed do you give her? Can you try offering some scrambled egg or tuna, along with some wet chicken feed? Is her beak overgrown or have any other problems?

I can’t seem to get the video to work. I am a little confused, is her crop empty and flat or full and hard? With her weight loss, I would worry about a crop problem or she could have cancer. What is she eating in the picture? What type of feed do you give her? Can you try offering some scrambled egg or tuna, along with some wet chicken feed? Is her beak overgrown or have any other problems?
The video works for me.
To me it looks like she’s eating dry oatmeal. Her beak doesn’t look overgrown. I’m s nut shell, the video shows her trying to eat and pecking at the oats, but shaking her head vigorously and dropping them.

The video works for me.
To me it looks like she’s eating dry oatmeal. Her beak doesn’t look overgrown. I’m s nut shell, the video shows her trying to eat and pecking at the oats, but shaking her head vigorously and dropping them.
I try given her eggs she shakes her head and like she incapable of swallowing properly

Back
Top Bottom