chicken having trouble keeping head tucked while sleeping

jtt777

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2015
I have a chicken that has been doing well getting over a slow crop. She's now eating and pooping regularly and behaving regularly during the day.

When she naps during the day, she has no issues tucking her head in and being still.

At night I see here on the camera on the roost and she cannot stay still because she tucks her head in under her wing and it slowly falls out. Then she readjusts it tucked in again and then falls out. This occurs evert 15 seconds.

The past couple days I noticed this, I took her off the roost and put her on the ground. She then slept just fine. We have to go away a couple days and I am worried about how she will sleep.

Has anyone else seen this problem occur? Any ideas on how to deal with it? I tried to make the roosting spot wider with more wood but it didn't work. I will try to make it even wider now with another piece of wood perhaps....

still watching her and he neck is just weak or something. SHe's fine when she's awake somehow. I'm worried she not getting any rest like this

Back
Top Bottom