Chicken Health

That's good but whether you give the probiotic powder or whatever. It doesn't have to be that frequently.
Unless you are giving antibiotics or there is something else like heavily chlorinated water, once their gut is populated with good bacteria and yeasts, they shouldn't need it for a while.

I give Gro2Max to baby chicks in their first water and then every 2 or 3 weeks for a while and then every couple months for adults.
Sometimes I ferment their feed with the Gro2Max powder and then I don't bother putting it in their water.

I will have to chime in here with a raised eyebrow and a squinted eye, when I see folks thinking that chickens "easily develop digestive problems". If this is the case in your birds, there is something else wrong. And fixing something that is not broken causes me to wonder as well. We all want to do right by our birds, I am on board with that, and to spoil them… guilty as charged.

If you wish to feed 'whatever' to your flock, that is fine. But to do so without a cause, nor a diagnosed purpose, with some magical remedy as a prize, begs one to question where these type of things start. I did not know you can make a perfectly healthy bird, 'more healthy' by using potion X, Y nor Z. If you are having problems with your flock, these items may be part of the cure. But to administer them as part of a planed regiment to fend off something that should not be there anyway, puzzles me. Why try to mess with the natural gut cultures, at some point when one gets tired of doing 'this' due to finances, interest, available time… then what.

If I were to run 100 octane fuel in my vehicle, how much faster would it go with 115 octane? Not to mention that it only requires 81 octane. I guess it is better… but does it really matter? Could it be measured, would anyone be able to tell? Sometimes we seem to get caught up in a great to do over nothing. If this makes YOU feel better, its your choice, but if there is no real need, we should call a spade a spade here and not blame the chickens "easily develop digestive problems". If this were to be true, there most likely would not be chickens! The real world does not favor the weak and sickly, Natural selection would have quashed all of the birds with 'digestive problems' thousands or tens of thousands year ago. There would be No sickly birds to feed noted magic powder(s) to.

Best to all and your birds, only you know what is right for your birds,

RJ

Back
Top Bottom