Chicken Help!!!

The RIR

In the Brooder
May 25, 2016
So I got 4 chickens, 2 white leghorns and 2 black australorps. They are all 4 months old. One of the leghorn is 1.2 lbs. I am very worried that she can be a runt. Please help me. THANKS!!!

Well I would call that a fairly incomplete diet. There is no way to be sure they are getting enough calcium or protein that way. You should be supplementing their diet with chicken feed. It is really not that expensive and easy to acquire.

Very inadequate diet. Chick starter/grower is a must to ensure that they are getting all the vitamins, minerals, and medications they need to grow properly. Vegies should only be used for a supplement when the are young and growing.

I agree^...They need some chicken feed to make sure they are getting the nutrients they need. There's recipes to make your own, which would still be better than no chicken feed at all. We get 80 pound bags of Organic, Non-Gmo feed from a feed mill close by for $12.59 a bag. You can still give them vegetables and rice... but give them some chicken feed and I'm sure her weight will go up rather quickly. Chickens grow fast!

Back
Top Bottom