Chicken High Stepping

Hello Maureen, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
If you can confirm that her crop is functioning properly (full at night, empty in the morning) I would write off the high stepping gate to discomfort due to the hard molt. I had a hen do that one year.
Thanks it appears that her crop is fine but I will
Make a point to focus on that tonight and tomorrow to rule that out but I believe that is not an issue. I’m hoping it’s just discomfort from the
molt she seems perky and eats and drinks well.

Thanks for your feedback

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.
My high stepper is just prissy. She does it when the snow is on the ground. At first, I was worried.

Don't feed grubs and just get higher protein feed, it cheaper, easier and better for your birds. It's likely just vitamin deficienc.
400.i.u vitamin E and about 1/3 of a b complex tablet every day until conditions improve.
Hi , thanks so much for you comment yesterday
With regards to the B complex tablet it was a
bit of a challenge getting just her to take it from
me. Im sure you know how it goes everyone has to get in on something being handed out.
Is it safe If I put it in the water and have the others drink from it she will get some of the benefit hopefully
and I will try to continue to give her separately.

The weather here is supposed yo give some relief this weekend so I should be able to let
others out for a bit and I can keep her back and feed her separately the supplement.

What would you say Regarding dosage in water?

Thanks
Maureen

Back
Top Bottom