Chicken in shock???

OrChickenFarmer

Chirping
7 Years
May 13, 2012
Willamette Valley, Oregon
One of my hens was spooked off of her roost and landed hard on the coop floor. After she landed she was not moving at all and was panting very heavily. This was 2 days ago. She has stopped panting by now. Her whole body is just collapsed and she lays on her side. She can move her head and neck around though. Right now she's laying on the coop floor so I have to bring food to her and take her over to the waterer. She is eating and drinking ok. Her stool looks normal also. I've tried to pick her up and get her to walk but she justs collapses right back onto her side. I've picked her up and inspected beneath her feathers for any signs of bruising but haven't found any. She will move her legs some(mostly pretty sporadically though) when I pick her up. From what I've read I think she's in shock. Anyone have any ideas???

Sounds like a neurological issue or a nervous system issue. I don't want to jump to the worst conclusion but maybe she hurt her back and is partially paralyzed. I hope she makes it ok though

Back
Top Bottom