Chicken "in your face" pictures!!

This is my peepers taken when she was about 31/2 months old. :) her little beard is too funny! Looks like she has puffy little cheeks!!

Last edited:
SONDERAH, Thank you! she is a buff colored full bearded silkie here is a pic of what she turned out to look like. She was only about two or three months in that pic . here she is at 6 months old. I've found silkies to be so fun! They even have feathered feet! She will soon lay light kinda pinkish creme colored eggs.they are so cute ! Silkies come in bearded and non bearded.mine are all bearded. Hope this helps they come in blue, black, white, buff,splash, and partridge colors!they will make a great addition to your flock. They are most gentle and like teddy bears!

Last edited:
SONDERAH, Thank you! she is a buff colored full bearded silkie here is a pic of what she turned out to look like. She was only about two or three months in that pic . here she is at 6 months old. I've found silkies to be so fun! They even have feathered feet! She will soon lay light kinda pinkish creme colored eggs.they are so cute ! Silkies come in bearded and non bearded.mine are all bearded. Hope this helps they come in blue, black, white, buff,splash, and partridge colors!they will make a great addition to your flock. They are most gentle and like teddy bears!

How funny!! Her face is missing!!!! Lol

Yes with silkies it's necessary to trim a area out by their eyes so they can see! Their crests grow so fast you have to do it about once a month. Believe it or not her crest has been trimmed! I have another with a ever fuller crest!! They are the cutest little things but I like mine to be able to see so I'm always trimming.i think it's the way she's sitting that you can't see her face. When she stands up I've trimmed her eyes in a way that she can see. Silkies are characters! I think if you got a few you would really enjoy them. It's so funny when people see them they don't even recognize they are chickens! My whole flock is silkies.i just feel in love with the breed. They bring so much joy!

Yes with silkies it's necessary to trim a area out by their eyes so they can see! Their crests grow so fast you have to do it about once a month. Believe it or not her crest has been trimmed! I have another with a ever fuller crest!! They are the cutest little things but I like mine to be able to see so I'm always trimming.i think it's the way she's sitting that you can't see her face. When she stands up I've trimmed her eyes in a way that she can see. Silkies are characters! I think if you got a few you would really enjoy them. It's so funny when people see them they don't even recognize they are chickens! My whole flock is silkies.i just feel in love with the breed. They bring so much joy!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any to be shipped when I need them. :(

Back
Top Bottom