Chicken "in your face" pictures!!

theacw, nah... they are the life blood of you... without you... ugh... I don't even want to think about where they might be or even IF they might be...
we have success with rescues because they are all just wanting a good and safe environment, but because folks like us go above and beyond and give all the love... they thrive, we thrive...
I "rescued" (read "stole") a severely neglected tortie kitty from the mean streets of Albany, NY. my friends rented the apt above where this cat "lived", her owner never let her inside, bc she was wiccan (sp?) and only allowed pure black cats to live inside. technically it was her sons cat. she would throw food out the window every three days or so and never gave her water. this cat managed to live at least 5 years in these conditions... so when I brought her to my property... "cat heaven", I thought she might not stay, she had survived the city, this was like the great hunting ground and she was an amazing hunter!
I knew with her camo coloring, she would have a good chance of survival on her own... and have told her every day for the last 10 years how grateful I am that she stayed because she wanted to be my little Min-Min. btw, it was a full week before the "witch" noticed the cat was missing, and just brushed her off as being hit by a car, didn't even look for her.

I have to say I am wiccan . Have been for 15 years. No one that is truely a wiccanwould EVER be that way to ANY animal. Some people like to say they are things that they are not just to be scarey or look kool, but that is not the way of wiccans, we are peaceful, nature and life loving people. We do our best to treat life with delicate hands and repair any tiny shred of nature that we can in any way we can. This lady obviously did not know what she is talking about and i am truely sorry that you had to be apart of that, thank you dearly for rescuing such a beautful kitty. Those kind of people are the type of people who give us a bad name, it is very sad to hear when someone comes in contact with one like that.

Love seeing all the 'in your face pics'!! Some of these are good enough to post on the BYC calendar thread!! But I don't see any of them on there:( Beautiful birds!

OK SO NOT TOTALLY "IN YOUR FACE" BUT THERE ARE 10 FACES! Sums up parenthood: "I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances!

She was SUCH a good mum, hatched her 4 & then stole my 5 incubated ones! This was at about 9 weeks & she kept snuggling up to them for another 4 weeks! Just went back to the rooster's box. Gotta love em!

She was SUCH a good mum, hatched her 4 & then stole my 5 incubated ones! This was at about 9 weeks & she kept snuggling up to them for another 4 weeks! Just went back to the rooster's box. Gotta love em!
Ohhh for cuuute. My heart just melted

OK SO NOT TOTALLY "IN YOUR FACE" BUT THERE ARE 10 FACES! Sums up parenthood: "I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances!
i love broodies.....soooooo sweet!!!
Chickenpuppy.jpg

PROMISE I won't do more after these, Iwill definately go back to IYF photos.
HI MUM (24 hrs old)
Hi BRO! (24 hours old)
Hers were 3 days old when I took my incubated ones down to visit (mine were 8 days old) and she just TOOK them all! Thats it I promise.

Back
Top Bottom