Chicken is crying

TeeTee315

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 17, 2016
One of my hens is making a constant high pitched crying sound. Is she in pain? Do I need to help her out in some way?

welcome-byc.gif
Is she about to start laying?

Actually I think she may have stopped or slowed down laying. She is a 1 yr old Americana. She lays bluish eggs. I have 2 Americanas. I think only the other 1 is laying cause I have fewer blue eggs recently. She seems to be eating and drinking well enough, and she looks OK. She just has this constant crying/wheezing sound. I don't know how to check if she is egg bound. I will try to figure that out and check into it. Could it be the heat? We are in central NC and it has been nearly 100 degrees for days.
I am new to chickens, having only started with my flock of 6 chickens last year. So this is new and concerning. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I have a hen who often makes a constant high pitched whining sound when I'm around. I think of it as complaining, but maybe it's not. Maybe she's just talking. She's about a year old, and has been doing this for a long time. Is it a new behavior for yours?
Yes, they slow down laying in the heat.

Actually I think she may have stopped or slowed down laying. She is a 1 yr old Americana. She lays bluish eggs. I have 2 Americanas. I think only the other 1 is laying cause I have fewer blue eggs recently. She seems to be eating and drinking well enough, and she looks OK. She just has this constant crying/wheezing sound. I don't know how to check if she is egg bound. I will try to figure that out and check into it. Could it be the heat? We are in central NC and it has been nearly 100 degrees for days.
I am new to chickens, having only started with my flock of 6 chickens last year. So this is new and concerning. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Can you post a video of her making this sound?

I have tried downloading a video several times. But it won't go through. I live pretty far out in the country and we have terrible internet. I will keep trying, maybe it will eventually go through.
I will say that it is not talking. I have 2 marans that a little chatterboxes. They 'talk' all the time. This Americana just started yesterday with this constant wheezing/crying. As I said, I will continue to try to download the video.

Back
Top Bottom