Chicken is sick and may have ingested pesticide. What can I do?

Taralynn07

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2023
So a week or so ago my husband sprayed some pesticide in some different places. Now we have a chicken and a bantam that is acting poorly. Not moving much or eating much. I am not sure if they will die or not but thought maybe someone knew of something we could do to help them. It seems weird it is only 2 out of about 40 that are acting this way but the two are in separate pens from each other not all the other chickens and can only come in contact with each other the few hours before dark that we let them free range. None of the others seem to be catching anything so this is the only thing we can think of.

How old are they? Diet? Any and all Symptoms? Activated charcoal might have helped right away but I'm not sure now.
The bantam is about 12 weeks. The other is a full grown hen. We have quite a few red chickens so I am not sure which one she is to know when we got her. Hubby just saw about charcoal and tried to give her some with food and water but she didn’t take any. Maybe we will try to force feed some in water tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom