Chicken is sick. Please help me out asap

weaverfarms

Hatching
Jul 5, 2015
I have been around chickens for over 10 years but never have had really any sick chickens. this morning i had a chicken dead, and now i have another chicken that has these symptoms.
-swollen eyes
- bubbles coming from eyes (foam)
- chicken will not drink
- chicken will not eat
- stands up and tucks her head in her back feathers and sleeps, even if i holler or poke her she will not move, she will only wake up if i holler pretty loud and pick her up
- yesterday she was coughing and wheezing.
- she does not have a smell to her that i can notice

I have been researching for hours and cannot find anything that seems to match up, I closest thing I found was called "coryza" but I read some folks saying that a chicken may match all the symptoms but if they do not have a strong smell to them, they do not have this.... my other thought is the hen has some respiratory infection of some kind. I have tried terramycin and some electrolytes and a few things like that, but i cannot get her to drink.... the thing that confuses me the most is that from the 2 chickens i have had die in the past few days and now this one is sick is that something different with all of them.... the first chicken that died this morning was just dead, but she was close to egg laying egg so could of been egg bound, the chicken that died a few days ago was mostly lazy acting and had red eyes. but now this chicken that is sick has all the symptoms that i have listed above so nothing really like the other chickens that have died problems so i am very confused... all my other chickens are crazy and acting fine (crazy is normal)

most things i see online say "chickens arent worth it, just kill all your chickens and start over" that is not the answer i am looking for... i have years worth into my flock and have not brought any new chickens in for a few months so that is also what confuses me because this is like random..... I have alot of time, money and love into my chickens.

I am hoping to find someone that knows how i can fix this problems although it all seems super strange to me.... I am hoping and praying that there is something i can do to help this chicken, or to give all my chickens to prevent this problem and to help that chicken that is sick......

one last thing to add... the chicken my main focus is on that is sick now with all the symptoms, she did this last week only just had swollen eyes, i read to put neospoin or something like that for infections around her eyes, i did that and the chicken was fine for a few days and now doing this all again only more symptoms and acting worse, like i would say a couple days near death if nothing is done....
also all my other chickens are fine and acting great....

thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!
God bless!

If it were me, i would use an eye dropper and give it a drop or two of oxytetracyclene and a drop or so of water to keep it hydrated if it isnt to far gone.....Any other with suggestions feel free to chime in.

If it were me, i would use an eye dropper and give it a drop or two of oxytetracyclene and a drop or so of water to keep it hydrated if it isnt to far gone.....Any other with suggestions feel free to chiI agre

I have been around chickens for over 10 years but never have had really any sick chickens. this morning i had a chicken dead, and now i have another chicken that has these symptoms.
-swollen eyes
- bubbles coming from eyes (foam)
- chicken will not drink
- chicken will not eat
- stands up and tucks her head in her back feathers and sleeps, even if i holler or poke her she will not move, she will only wake up if i holler pretty loud and pick her up
- yesterday she was coughing and wheezing.
- she does not have a smell to her that i can notice

I have been researching for hours and cannot find anything that seems to match up, I closest thing I found was called "coryza" but I read some folks saying that a chicken may match all the symptoms but if they do not have a strong smell to them, they do not have this.... my other thought is the hen has some respiratory infection of some kind. I have tried terramycin and some electrolytes and a few things like that, but i cannot get her to drink.... the thing that confuses me the most is that from the 2 chickens i have had die in the past few days and now this one is sick is that something different with all of them.... the first chicken that died this morning was just dead, but she was close to egg laying egg so could of been egg bound, the chicken that died a few days ago was mostly lazy acting and had red eyes. but now this chicken that is sick has all the symptoms that i have listed above so nothing really like the other chickens that have died problems so i am very confused... all my other chickens are crazy and acting fine (crazy is normal)

most things i see online say "chickens arent worth it, just kill all your chickens and start over" that is not the answer i am looking for... i have years worth into my flock and have not brought any new chickens in for a few months so that is also what confuses me because this is like random..... I have alot of time, money and love into my chickens.

I am hoping to find someone that knows how i can fix this problems although it all seems super strange to me.... I am hoping and praying that there is something i can do to help this chicken, or to give all my chickens to prevent this problem and to help that chicken that is sick......

one last thing to add... the chicken my main focus is on that is sick now with all the symptoms, she did this last week only just had swollen eyes, i read to put neospoin or something like that for infections around her eyes, i did that and the chicken was fine for a few days and now doing this all again only more symptoms and acting worse, like i would say a couple days near death if nothing is done....
also all my other chickens are fine and acting great....

thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!
God bless!

oxytetracycline, doxycycline or baytril. I gave mine with syringe. tylan is good as well. it is some respiratory issue, might be trichomoniasis (canker?) as well - the medicine would be flagyl. but try first with -cycline/baytril/tylan, whatever you can find.

good luck!

Thank you guys so much. I will try this. If anyone else has any ideas or anything to say please leave a response the more the better thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom