Chicken is smaller than before

CluckNorris4eva

Chirping
May 5, 2023
So I had four chickens and the (Alfa, top gun, boss,ext.) was a Plymouth Rock but recently we added two black australorps and a buff Orpington rooster and the Plymouth Rock has seemed much smaller in size she gets plenty of food and water so what’s wrong

That have layer feed that they have always had but she was bigger than one chicken now she looks same size to that chicken if that makes sense it’s not one part that looks smaller it’s all of her

The feed we get from our local farm store I don’t know the brand sorry!
They have been full grown for almost a year and she shrank slowly I don’t have before and after pictures. would stress make her lose weight or the fact that she isn’t Alfa have something to do with it??

They have been full grown for almost a year and she shrank slowly I don’t have before and after pictures. would stress make her lose weight or the fact that she isn’t Alfa have something to do with it??
The fact that she's not alpha, may have something to do with it, try adding a second feeder. If that doesn't work, try worming your birds.

Have you felt her to assess her condition? Could she be moulting?

Back
Top Bottom