1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken just not laying!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ms. Chicky, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Ms. Chicky

Ms. Chicky Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2011
    We have had our 12 chickens for almost two years. They have box about three feet off the ground some lower some even higher, i feed them 16% protene-layers crumbles with scratch and oyster shell. i have only recieved about20 eggs in the past two months and all this summer we would only get two a day i had mice for a while but got rid of most of them(just noticed a mouse yesturday). I have a buff a barred rock 4 ameracana's 5 rhode island reds a polish blue laces rooster.. We have never recieved eggs for more then a couple of weeks at a time. Any ideas would be so nice We would love to have eggs from our chickens instead of the store[​IMG]we also use the heat lamp in there coop THANKS

2. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Are you sure of their age? Could they be hiding them or eating them?

3. Ms. Chicky

Ms. Chicky Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2011
    I got the chicken at a couple of days old. so i know they are about two. i have not found eggs while cleaning out coop and don't find any signs of yolk or shell to make me think they are eating them. im not sure about the breeders though is it possible to get defective chickens. we will get our next chicks from a better place this time

4. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    I've read somethings on here that worms can cause a drop in production. Do you have a worming regiment for your girls?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by