Chicken kept vomiting and then died within a few hours any tips for future

maricybele

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
I had a 4 month old chicken die recently and I couldn't find her symptoms online. I am hoping to be prepared the next time something like this happens.

I noticed my chicken in a corner with her head down and in a corner so I picked her up and brought her in for observation and she was projectile vomiting and continued to leak liquid. Her breath or the vomit didn't smell. I suspected something was stuck, the way she was leaking and with sick chickens I usually start out with an es bath. . I bathed her in epsom salts and gave a little in water to her. She continued to leak and vomit. I gave her a little water and olive oil and massaged her crop which felt normal to me. She didn't poop while she was in the house but when I checked the coop, there was small bright green poop and indication of a sick chicken. She condition weakened with every minute and a while later she just died.

Any suggestions what else can be done for obstruction? I did not expect her to die so suddenly, she seemed healthy and her feathers were so shiny and her waddles looked good as well and after death I did not find any worms in her throat.

Can anyone recommend a good book or video?

The way it was coming out of her, I would still think it was a blockage because she was leaking/drooling.

Back
Top Bottom