Chicken laid lash egg and her crop isn't emptying

No, I have not, but I will try ordering amoxicillin. In the meantime I have been giving her small amounts of yarrow, clover, dandelion, and thyme to boost her immune system as well as some garlic water.
Thanks for the info! I believe my chicken is healed from it. Her poops are looking normal again and her energy is returning. She's foraging with the rest of the flock and returning to her normal chicken ways. Here's what I did: twice/day I made a concoction of .5 mL of oregano oil (to fight it if it was viral), 1/4 teaspoon Manuka honey, 1.5 mL nutridrench (when she was super sick and losing so much weight, as well as 1/2 tablet Baytril (and antibiotic.) I did this for 10 days straight except I stopped using the Manuka honey about 1/2 way through and switched to regular honey (less than 1/4 teaspoon.) I think the combo of all of these things seemed to work. Good luck!!

Hi! Did you have success treating your chicken? If so, what worked? One of my hens is sick with lash egg and is not doing well. It might be too far gone at this point but I'm thinking to give antibiotics a try. Her crop is not emptying either and it feels very doughy. I'd love to hear if you found something that worked!
How is your hen doing now?

My favorite hen just went through this 😞 she passed away on Sunday 😭 we tried antifungal, antibiotics, crop bra… Rest in peace sweet baby ♥️

sorry I've been away, but wanted to tell you: The amoxicillin arrived last Sunday, and I treated her all of last week with it... Turns out Saturday she laid an egg!! :D I'm so happy thank you all for helping! She's now with her fellow hens in the coop and is getting along nicely. Thank you so much for helping Ginger.
Which amoxicillin did you order?

Back
Top Bottom