Chicken Laws

You might be able to get away with a few bantams as pets,but if I was risking a high fine I would not take the chance.If they cite you to get rid of them that is ok,but going into it knowing they are illegal and being fined would not be ok for me. I would strongly consider moving to a place that allowed me to do more of things I wanted.and in fact we are doing just that....moving.

Best wishes whatever your family decides.

if you are a kid, can you get into 4h? most cities will allow kids in such programs to have a limited amount of birds if the take good care of them and don't upset the neighbors.

Yes, i could join the 4h, but some people already told me that even if you are in 4h and it is illegal, you still cannot have chickens.

Last edited:
you need to check with the 4h leaders in your area and with your city, not just a secretary. One of the cities I test for do not allow chicken but for the 4h kids they do but they need to keep it quite ( that's right from city hall I checked ) don't go by what people tell you check. you need to check I've found out if the child checks not the parent it can work in your favor.

I deal with all the 4h kids in my county for chickens

p.s. it not a good thing to advertise your age on the Internet

Last edited:
you need to check with the 4h leaders in your area and with your city, not just a secretary. One of the cities I test for do not allow chicken but for the 4h kids they do but they need to keep it quite ( that's right from city hall I checked ) don't go by what people tell you check. you need to check I've found out if the child checks not the parent it can work in your favor.

I deal with all the 4h kids in my county for chickens

p.s. it not a good thing to advertise your age on the Internet

Thank you for you help.

if you are looking for chicks you will need to buy through a hatchery, or wait till the chicks are at least 8 weeks old they should be sex-able, or adults. Hatcheries only guarantee 95% no roosters.
when I talk to those in town that want chicks I advise them to buy an extra just in case a rooster shows up in the mix

Back
Top Bottom