Chicken lifting legs high when walking

Thanks for this thread! I have a young speckled sussex pullet about 16 weeks old who has been "High stepping" for about 4 weeks now. We got her from a local breeder. I will have to check to see if she was vaccinated for Marek's.....could she be high stepping this long and still have Marek's? Otherwise she is completely healthy - and none of my others are showing any signs - however most (except for 3 that my hen hatched last summer have been vaccinated) Please help! Need advice.

Thanks for this thread! I have a young speckled sussex pullet about 16 weeks old who has been "High stepping" for about 4 weeks now. We got her from a local breeder. I will have to check to see if she was vaccinated for Marek's.....could she be high stepping this long and still have Marek's? Otherwise she is completely healthy - and none of my others are showing any signs - however most (except for 3 that my hen hatched last summer have been vaccinated) Please help! Need advice.
Yes, some with Merek's can live a long time. Can you post some pictures of her legs?

Will try and get her to cooperate tomorrow and post. Is there a way to post a video? I hate to lose her as she is my sweetest girl. Always greeting me with a peep and wanting to be held.

Since rubbing in the cream every couple of days she seems to have improved, still a little quiet but the high stepping seems to have gone! How long should u treat mites for as I've read u wont know if completely gone and should treat for up to 12 months is this correct or how do i know when to stop treating.

Back
Top Bottom